Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Antigua, Guatemala: At Random

-Birthdays are celebrated by the lighting of firecrackers at 6am.
-Many people assume that I am Guatemalan.
-Mac Donalds serves fried chicken called “Pollo Mc Crispy”.
-Soccer is the sport to watch here.
-You cannot flush any sort of paper waste down the toilet… Get it?
-The street dogs walking around routinely use the sidewalk, and look both ways before crossing the street... amazing!
-There are a lot of Gringos here…I’m one of them.
-You can pay $7.00US for lunch or $1.70US for lunch, if you know where to go.
-Never imagined that I’d be saying…“The worst date I’ve ever been on in my life happened in Guatemala”. LMAO
-Beans come with every single meal. Period.
-Sitting in the park is my favorite thing to do.
-Drinking is a close second.
-I was picked up on by 2 gay guys who didn’t want to believe me when I told them, “I am NOT gay.”
-The women here are beautiful.
-99.9% of the house wines are from Chile.
-I was reminded that I have a serious allergy to scented laundry detergent.
-When it is quiet you can hear the volcano rumbling.
-The mosquitoes love me.
-There is a talking parrot that lives next door. It knows more words in Spanish than I do.
-Spanish is easy after 5 beers.
-Spanish is hard when you are hung-over.
-Café con leche is good.
-Soggy pig skin for dinner (Chicharron) is bad.
-That’s all for now.
Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Does Pollo Mc Crispy also come with beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paul!

    Yes, they have beans at MacDonalds!You can get the meals with fries or "traditional" which means with beans and tortillas. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your abroad experiences sound pretty close to mine. Except my date went pretty well. Everything else....yeah pretty similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, thanks for rubbing it in buddy. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete