Thursday, January 14, 2010

Caye Caulker, Belize- Blog update "Uh oh".

I arrived in Caye Caulker, Belize yesterday and I've already hit a major rode block with my blog. So when I got into town I decided to go with ULTRA cheap accommodations since Belize is a lot more expensive that the rest of Central America. Anyway, I basically ended up renting this shack on stilits, seriously that's what it is and im not joking one bit either, for $15us per night.

Apperantly, the wiring in the place was less than professional because when I plugged in my laptop's power supply inside the room, sparks started shooting out of the outlet, and since the powesupply didnt turn on, I'm assuming that its fried. So, my laptop is basically useless at this point unless I can find a universal powersupply somewhere, that seriously presents a problem for my blogging as I need my laptop for all my pictures and to help with the video editing. Right now I have a great blog post of my trip to the Mayan ruins of Tikal ready to go, as well as some pretty amazing pictures that are currently stranded on my laptop. So, well have to see how this plays out because I really enjoy what Ive been posting on my blog and I guess Im going to have to figure something out with regards to the pictures and videos moving forward.

Other than that, Caye Caulker is really beautiful. I'd post pictures if I could...LOL!
Anyway, tomorrow will probably be my last day here and Im going to do an all day snorkling adventure out on the reefs swimming with some sharks! It should definately be a great time!!

Another thing about Belize... Ever heard the saying, "where the wine flows like water?" Well in Belize, "the rum flows like water" and the rum is REALLY good! Speaking of which, it's time for another rum punch... Hasta Luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment