Friday, January 29, 2010

Granada, Nicaragua: Just Perfect!


I ended up hanging out in Managua for 3 days and having a great time at the hostel with my new friends. Since I had made my decision to just relax and take my time going through Nicaragua, I decided that I should definitely do some exploring and head over to Granada which was only about 40 min away by the collectivo bus. I had remembered during one of the conversations with the owner of my apartment in Antigua, Guatemala he had mentioned that his friend from Germany had just arrived from staying a few days in Granada and had said that it was really amazing. Everyone at the hostel that I was staying in seemed to also agree that it was a really great place and that I should definitely check it out.


Now one of the things that I found out while travelling through all of these countries, is that may times the best information that you can get is from other travelers. So here’s a tip; when a bunch of different people recommend that you go somewhere (“different people” being the key words), because that really liked it, or they think that you may really like it, they are most likely right and its probably a good idea to make a little detour and go check that place out. And that’s exactly what I decided to do. Also, on the other side of the coin, if you find that people are telling you to avoid a certain area or certain place to stay, because of this and that, you can bet that they are probably right as well and that place should be avoided. Now I’m by no means saying that what you do on your trip should be dictated by what other people tell you to do or not do, or by what people suggest you should do; but rather the things people say can be used as a great source of information. There’s a quote by Woodrow Wilson that goes, “I not only use all the dreams that I have, but all that I can borrow”, and that makes a lot of sense to me. Despite what some people think, there’s not one person who knows everything. So, what I really love to do is to listen to what people have to say, and listen to their experiences, and borrow their knowledge to expand what I know. And you can really learn a lot from people when traveling.


I ended up in Granada 40 minutes later, and the people that I had listened to were spot on... It was absolutely gorgeous!


I’m going to go ahead and post some pictures below of beautiful Granada, as well as a video that I shot in Granada’s Parque Central. For those that have been reading my blog since Antigua, you know that one of my favorite things to do is to just relax in the park and take in my surroundings. I always found it to be really peaceful and just lovely. I managed to shoot a 360 degree video of Parque Central in Granada and I love the video, because it really shows how beautiful everything is there, and you can really hear all the different sounds of the park. I hope it will give you some sort of feel of what it was like to be there, because Granada was really great.

In the mean time, I’m on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica right now and the surfs up so I gotta go… Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment